President Rodrigo Duterte has fired than 1000 appointees from Aquino administration on Sunday.
In a press conference on Sunday, President Duterte announced the termination of more than 1000 Aquino appointees from their posts after receiving complaints of corruption.
“Until now in my provincial visits, I still hear corruption being committed by people specially in the regulatory agencies,” said President Duterte.
“I would like to point out one, the LTFRB, the LTO and those who are appointed to that positions except the career. Consider your positions vacant as of this hour, all of them,” he said.
He also said that those appointed in financial institutions are considered resigned.
Watch on the video below.
Following the announcement, Duterte issued a memorandum on Monday ordering the presidential appointees of the past administration to submit their courtesy resignation within seven days.
Signed by Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea, the memorandum listed the exempted posts from his order:
- newly-appointed Cabinet Secretaries, Undersecretaries, and Assistant Secretaries in their respective departments, including presidential advisers and assistants
- other officials in the Executive Department, including state universities and colleges, and government owned or controlled corporations (GOCCs), appointed by the incumbent President
- career officials as defined by the Civil Service Laws, rules, and regulations
- members of the judiciary
- officials whose offices are created by virtue of the Philippine Constitution such as Constitutional Commissions and Ombudsman
- those whose appointments are currently being processed or who may be appointed by the President shortly after the effectivity of the memorandum circular
What can you say about this news? Share your comments and views on the discussion box below.
Source: ABS-CBN News/GMA News/Rappler, Photo: ABS-CBN News
Write your comments here!