Tropical Depression “Agaton” has slightly accelerated as it moves southwestward, according to weather agency PAGASA.
Here’s the January 19, 2014 latest weather forecast from PAGASA on Tropical Depression Agaton.
Agaton has a maximum winds of 55 kph near the center and moving southwest at 7 kph. It is expected to be at 120 km Southeast of Davao City tomorrow morning and at 60 km South of Gen. Santos City by Tuesday morning.
By Wednesday morning, it is expected to be at 220 km Southwest of General Santos City or out of the Philippine Area of Responsibility(PAR).
Public Storm Warning Signal #1 (Winds of 30-60 kph is expected in at least 36 hours) – Surigao del Sur, Agusan del Sur, Davao Oriental, Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur and Compostella Valley.
- At 10:00 AM today Jan. 19, the center of Tropical Depression “AGATON” was estimated based on all available data at 205 km Southeast of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur or at 230 km East of Davao City (7.3°N, 127.9°E).
- At 4:00 PM today, the center of tropical depression “agaton” was estimated based on all available data at 215 km southeast of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur or at 220 km east of Davao City (7.1°n, 127.8°e).
- The province of Surigao del Norte has been put under state of calamity due to the continuous rains brought by typhoon ‘Agaton.’
- At 4am today Jan. 20, the center of Agaton was spotted at 230 kilometers southeast of Hinatuan, Surigao Del Sur or 230 km east of Davao City with maximum winds of 55 kilometers per hour near the center. It is forecast to move West Southwest at 5 kph.Winds measuring 30 to 60 kph may be expected in areas with public storm warning signal number 1 such as Surigao del Sur, Agusan del Sur, Davao Oriental, Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, and Compostella Valley in at least 36 hours.
- Agaton has weakened into a Low Pressure Area. All public storm warning signals have been lifted.
- At 10:00 AM today Jan. 20, the center of the Low Pressure Area was estimated based on all available data at 400 km East Southeast of Davao City or at 455 km East of General Santos City (6.3°N, 129.3°E).