Tonight, December 19, 2012, is the first part of The X Factor USA Season 2 Two-night Finale!
Recent reports say Carly Rose Sonenclar will be performing a duet with Leann Rimes, Tate Stevens will be singing with Little Big Town and Fifth Harmony will be performing with Judge Demi Lovato.
The X Factor finale airs Wednesday and Thursday at 8/7c on Fox. But you can keep up with tonight’s show with our Live Update on this page. Who are you rooting for to win the X Factor crown?
***Please refresh your page for updates! Videos will be posted in a while.***
The 2-Night Finale starts RIGHT NOW!
- Carly Rose Sonenclar is up first! Carly is singing her audition song, “Feelin’ Good” by Nina Simone.
- Judges comments: LA feels Carly has topped herself, while Demi thinks Carly is going to inspire a lot of young girls (with Carly adding that she hopes she will). Simon, meanwhile, believes that Carly performed the song even better than she did in her audition. Lastly, Britney declares “We’re gonna win this.”
- Tate Stevens is up next! Tate is singing “Anything Goes” by Randy Houser.
- Judges comments: Britney tells Tate that when he does “right down the middle country”, he’s dead-on. Demi still loves him, and calls that performance “a stadium performance”, and believes that if he keeps singing like that, he will be performing in stadiums one day. Simon congratulates LA for his mentorship, and calls Tate an American original. LA calls Tate lovable, as if the audience needs to be told as much for any of them to vote for him.
- Fifth Harmony is singing “Anything Could Happen” by Ellie Goulding.
- Judges comment: “You were the underdogs, but now you are the one to beat!” says LA Reid. Britney says they’re magical. Demi proclaims that they really came together, and hopes that America pulls through and votes for them, with LA adding that he doesn’t believe the girls were put together at boot camp, since they feel like a group that’s been together for way longer. Simon talks about how proud he is of the girls, and states that maybe they’ll win, maybe they won’t, but he believes they have a future regardless.
- Carly is singing “How Do I Live” and is accompanied by Leann Rimes.
- Britney thought both Leann and Carly were incredible together.
- Tate is singing “Pontoon” by Little Big Town
- LA proclaims that the new love of his life is country music.
- Its too hard to keep up with Two Big Events! See also Miss Universe 2012 updates!
- Fifth Harmony sings “Give Your Heart A Break” with Demi Lovato.
- Simon says that was a pure pop sensation!
- Carly Rose is singing “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen
- Judges comment: -LA called it “a really angelic moment.” Demi reiterates how impressed she is with Carly’s vocals. Simon thought it was an amazing version of an excellent song. And Britney again states how she thinks Carly is winning this thing, telling Simon to get out his checkbook
- Tate sings “Tomorrow” by Chris Young.
- Britney loved it, while Demi is nearly in tears upon the realization that this is the last time she’ll see Tate perform as a contestant on The X Factor stage. Simon talks about how Tate won’t have to worry about a day job anymore, as he feels that, in a year’s time, we’ll be hearing about his massive record sales. LA talks about how he loves that Tate is doing this for his family.
- Fifth Harmony sings “Let It Be”
- LA thought the girls did The Beatles justice. Britney loves the way the group has come together. Demi is sad that the competition is ending, and that we won’t get to see any more of these acts. Simon says that while he loves all three acts, he genuinely believes on this night that Fifth Harmony deserves to win.